LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse's common council is overriding a veto from the mayor over an audit of the parks department.
The council voted by a 9-to-4 margin Thursday night to override Mayor Tim Kabat's veto and authorize spending $30,000 to do an external review of the Parks and Rec Department's income and donations, expenses, and accounts for the past two years.
The mayor previously vetoed the resolution saying it was too vague and didn't spell out how the audit would be different from the city's annual independent audit.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill