LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Year-round, indoor tennis courts could be coming to La Crosse.
The plan would build 24 new courts at Forest Hills, 8 of which would be indoors. La Crosse's Parks and Recreation Department, UW-La Crosse, Aquinas High School, and the Coulee Region Tennis Association talked about the possibility Monday.
The group says the new courts would give a new spot for high school and college athletes to play, and any community members who sign up for the city's summer tennis program.
"These would replace the outdoor courts at UWL. They have 16 over there currently. They would replace the 6 courts that are here at Forest Hills that are existing, and then the complex as we see it would have 24 courts,” said La Crosse Parks and Recreation Specialist Jared Flick.
The project is estimated to cost about $2.5 million. La Crosse would provide $1 million, which is already included in the 2019 capital improvement budget, but that budget still needs to be approved by the La Crosse Common Council this fall.
- Winona State football program cleans up city
- Local residents clean up downtown for Earth Day
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Western Technical College holds commencement ceremony for graduates
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly