LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse city agencies hosted the public Wednesday to show off their services.
The city's Street Department hosted a City Open House in honor of Public Works Week. The second annual open house at the Municipal Service Center included tours, displays, demonstrations, and games.
One member of La Crosse's Street Department says the event helps residents better understand the responsibilities of each department.
"We get people that call about things all the time and they'll call our department. So let's say they'll call the Street Department not knowing that we don't maintain the trees on the boulevards. That's actually Parks Department,” said Street Department Account Clerk Ashley Freeman.
The Street Department hosted Wednesday's event, with the Water, Waste Water, Parks and Forestry, Refuse and Recycling, and Safety departments also showing off their own services.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling