LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse Center officials are getting a 3-D look at what the arena could look like when renovations are complete.
Architects presented a revised set of drawings and 3-D model of their plans for the La Crosse Center Wednesday afternoon, incorporating some of the ideas that came out of last month's visioning sessions for the project.
However, La Crosse Center director Art Fahey says if the renovations were done as presented, the project would be several million dollars over budget.
"There were a couple of schemes that they were looking at, and within the schemes there are a lot of options. So as we were looking at that, it was kind of daunting because the amount of information they provided was pretty extensive. So now we've just got to as a staff and a board we've got to whittle this down," said Fahey.
The La Crosse Center board is tentatively scheduled to have another meeting next Wednesday to see where they can make some cuts to the plans.
The project has a budget of about $42 million.
- Life-threatening injuries reported following I-90 crash
- More students seek help for sexual assault last semester
- Burglary suspect arrested day after posting bond
- Two arrested after police chase
- Altra donates $75,000 to proposed Trane All Abilities Park
- Flu hospitalizations up at La Crosse hospitals
- Winona emergency crews respond to fire quickly after seeing smoke from garage
- Gundersen sexual abuse counseling program helps people from across state
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found
- 79-year-old woman accused of looting sister's assets