LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse Center officials are getting a 3-D look at what the arena could look like when renovations are complete.
Architects presented a revised set of drawings and 3-D model of their plans for the La Crosse Center Wednesday afternoon, incorporating some of the ideas that came out of last month's visioning sessions for the project.
However, La Crosse Center director Art Fahey says if the renovations were done as presented, the project would be several million dollars over budget.
"There were a couple of schemes that they were looking at, and within the schemes there are a lot of options. So as we were looking at that, it was kind of daunting because the amount of information they provided was pretty extensive. So now we've just got to as a staff and a board we've got to whittle this down," said Fahey.
The La Crosse Center board is tentatively scheduled to have another meeting next Wednesday to see where they can make some cuts to the plans.
The project has a budget of about $42 million.
- Local doctors are seeing more cases of skins cancer
- La Crosse focuses on helping minority and women-owned businesses
- Lane closures in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto students heading to Madison to receive awards
- Lawmakers wrap up session in a blur of bills, questions
- Logan tennis leans on ace
- Westby celebrated the city's storied heritage for the 50th time
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 19, 2018
- Kids got hands on experience at Saturday's Touch a Truck event
- Fund-raising runners are getting treated to the best of La Crosse's scenery