LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UPDATE: Authorities release the names of those involved in a fatal car accident Tuesday morning.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Office said Maria J. Gartner, 26, died at the scene and David S. Sanders, 32, was injured and transferred to a hospital.
Authorities said a pick-up truck traveling east on County Highway FO appears to have crossed the center line and struck an oncoming car.
The driver of the car was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the truck was transported to Gundersen Medical Center for treatment.
There were no other passengers in either vehicle, police said.
The Wisconsin State Patrol is assisting the La Crosse County Sheriff's Office with reconstruction of the accident.
The head-on crash between a pick-up truck and a car happened at around 6 a.m. Tuesday on County FO, between County Road F and County Road OA. Law enforcement closed that stretch of road off to traffic to allow investigators to work.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Tax increases being considered to fund road repairs in La Crosse County
- Downtown La Crosse shows residential growth: More than 2,500 residents in downtown district
- Cashton Fire Department, royalty host ‘Fill the Boot' drive for Sun Prairie
- La Crosse Family Video continues to thrive, as one last U.S. Blockbuster hangs on
- Kids Culinary Academy teaching cooking skills
- PLAY Program promotes connection between police, kids
- News 8 Sports Round Up - July 16, 2018
- Wisconsin Sen. Johnson concerned about 'widespread tariffs'
- Sen. Johnson: Putin wrong about Russia election meddling
- 3 killed in Goodhue County crash, including 2 young brothers