LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - One local community took time Saturday to celebrate being a good neighbor.
Dozens of volunteers met in La Crescent to celebrate the 12th annual Neighbor's Day, where community members walk the city streets, assisting the elderly and disabled residents with things such as yard work or window cleaning.
Volunteers will continue helping in the next couple of weeks due to weather conditions.
"We normally have about 100 or 150 volunteers that come out every year to do this and for some, that's their way of giving back. Helping somebody that needs a little help and if this is how they can do it, that's fantastic," said La Crescent Neighbor's Day committee member Mike Doering.
- Winona State football program cleans up city
- Local residents clean up downtown for Earth Day
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Western Technical College holds commencement ceremony for graduates
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly