LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Kwik Trip has signed an agreement to acquire the assets of PDQ Food Stores.
PDQ is an employee-owned company based in Middleton that owns 34 company-operated convenience stores in southeastern Wisconsin. The announcement was made Wednesday morning in a press release.
According to the press release, “This acquisition allows Kwik Trip to expand its presence in a market that is important to its overall retail growth strategy” “The PDQ management and employees have built an excellent brand over their 65 years in business and are well known for their excellent customer service and convenience.”
“With the acquisition of PDQ and future remodel of the PDQ locations we anticipate adding more than 1,000 jobs,” said Mark Zietlow, real estate manager and third generation owner.
The transaction is scheduled to be completed in early October and is subject to PDQ employee approval and other customary closing conditions. Kwik Trip plans to operate the acquired stores under the existing PDQ banner until planned remodels and reimaging are completed in mid-2018.
Kwik Trip is a family-owned company based in La Crosse, that was founded in 1965 in Eau Claire.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Child abuse prevention month walk brings together family for final event
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Is coffee causing you to be dehydrated? Study says no