APPLETON, Wis. (AP) - Former Wisconsin Badgers and Green Bay Packers tight end Lance Kendricks has been sentenced to six months of probation for possessing marijuana.
Kendricks pleaded no contest to the misdemeanor charge last week — and if he completes eight hours of community service the charge will be dropped. Half of that service is to be done at four Milwaukee high schools — King, Vincent, Hamilton and Washington.
WLUK-TV reports a trooper that stopped Kendricks for speeding on Interstate 41 in Grand Chute discovered the football player had marijuana in the vehicle.
Kendricks played for the Packers in 2018, but is not listed on the team's active roster.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- UPDATE: Wisconsin police identify man who was fatally shot by an officer in Caledonia
- Wisconsin reinstates Cephus after sexual assault acquittal
- Treasurer Godlewski meeting with local retirees and farmers in La Crosse
- Stretch of Winona County Road 17 closing for construction
- Two motorcyclists, dog injured in Vernon County crash
- Backers of rural dental care find something to smile about
- Officials: Sudden Oak Death Disease moving towards Minnesota, spreading through flower shrubs
- NYPD fires officer for 2014 death of Eric Garner
- Long lines at Minneapolis airport due to security changes
- Vikings top Seahawks 25-19 behind crisp preseason passing