LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Christmas has come and gone, and now you're left with all the gifts and the packaging, but be careful how you get rid of those boxes.
Leaving boxes and packages outside after the holidays can give potential thieves an idea of what you have inside your home. Mailing addresses attached to boxes can also lead people to your home.
Disposal experts recommend you shred any documents and avoid throwing away anything that could lead back to your home.
"Generally we recommend not placing any kind of confidential or anything of a confidential nature inside a bin, whether it be recycling or trash,” said Harter’s Quick Clean-up Project Manager Matt Harter.
Harter's Quick Clean-Up does accept boxes free of charge brought directly to their La Crosse location.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill