RACINE, Wis. (AP) - Job seekers streamed into a Foxconn Technology Group employment fair by the dozens, hoping to land one of the thousands of lucrative positions the Taiwanese company is offering at its new manufacturing complex in Racine County.
Representatives from about 50 local contractors and resource programs were on hand at a hall in Racine Thursday to help people either land a Foxconn job or get the training needed for a position.
The company says it will eventually employ 13,000 at its liquid crystal display panel manufacturing facility in Mount Pleasant. That doesn't include the thousands of skilled trade jobs available to build the massive complex.
The Journal Times reports local officials say the job fair is one of many events planned to reach workers.
- Death Cafe hopes to normalize conversations surrounding death
- La Crosse health officials point to vaccinations amid local measles threat
- La Crosse water voted best-tasting in Wisconsin
- Westby native competes on ‘The Price is Right'
- Future of La Crosse's senior centers discussed at Board of Public Works
- Small bookstores in La Crosse feeling nationwide boom
- Construction along Losey Boulevard in La Crosse
- Holmen student awarded first place in statewide competition
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- La Crosse's Jackson Plaza reaches capacity as local business joins shopping center