LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A two-time Food Network baking champion is giving our community a big gift this holiday season.
Jen Barney of Stoddard, Wisconsin is taking over the former Addiecakes cupcake shop on Main Street in La Crosse and bringing her famed Meringue Bakery.
2 years ago, Barney was the winner of the Food Network TV channel's Season 4 Holiday Baking Championship.
Last year she won the Season 5 Holiday Baking Championship Special along with her teammate Jordan Pilarski.
Barney, who started her business in 2015, is best known for her cakes, cupcakes, dessert tables, wedding favors and other baked goods such as pie, but that won't be the only thing she's serving.
"It will be a bakery and cafe," says Barney. "We're making things like homemade croissants, and we'll have a small line of fresh baked breads every day. And we'll have a savory line that's based off of pastry... for example we'll have quiches with a homemade pastry crush or croissant sandwiches that highlight our freshly made croissants."
Barney says moving the Meringue bakery to downtown La Crosse has been a longtime goal of hers.
She plans to open Meringue Bakery at 313 Main Street by March.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- UW regents approve 2% pay raises for chancellors
- Jackson County authorities looking for suspect in connection with armed robberies
- UPDATE: 3 dead after Black Hawk helicopter crashes after takeoff in Minnesota
- Iowa worker who took bathroom photos may have many victims
- Being a bully in this Rock County school District could now earn you a citation of up to $500
- Prairie du Sac man given months to live asking for as many Christmas cards as possible
- Sheriff urges media to keep school stabber's name secret
- WATCH LIVE: Joe Biden in Iowa
- Love Lights help community members honor loved ones in La Crosse
- Donations out pace previous year for Winona's '10 Days of Giving'