TOWNSHIP OF GLENDALE, Wis. (WKBT) - Icy road conditions lead to a fatal crash in Monroe County Monday morning.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department says a 22-year-old woman was driving westbound on Highway 71 in the Township of Glendale just after 8 this morning when her car hit ice and crossed the centerline.
The car was hit by another car traveling east. When emergency responders arrived at the scene of the crash, the woman was already dead.
The 72-year-old driver of the other car suffered non-life threatening injuries.
- Bethany Lutheran Homes continues partnership with Inclusa
- La Crosse police burglary investigation leads to large drug bust
- $1 million bond set for Monroe Co. man accused in fatal shooting
- New study finds millennials likely to pursue nursing
- Volunteer grandparents continue making a difference at local schools
- La Crosse man arrested for attempted sexual assault of a child
- Semi crashes into school hurting 4 people including 3 kids
- Namaste program brings calm, reduces aggression in dementia residents
- Assignment: Education - La Crosse's new community schools
- Resilient Vikings have taken their cue from Zimmer