ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - People who take Highway 35 between Onalaska and Holmen as part of their commute will have to find a different route this week.
The highway will be closed for non-local traffic through Thursday as crews re-pave the stretch of road.
Southbound traffic was closed Tuesday and re-routed to Highway 53 and detoured down Main Street in Onalaska, then back to Highway 35.
Traffic on the southbound lane will re-open Wednesday while the northbound lanes will be closed using the same detour.
On Thursday, crews will be putting the finishing touches on two roundabouts on Riders Club Road and Mason Street.
The entire Highway 35 project should wrap up by the end of the month.
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- Wisconsin sees and increase in respiratory illnesses
- Winona Health hosts Way to Wellness Expo