LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new event in La Crosse is bringing musicians of all kinds together.
A "hootenanny" was held Saturday afternoon at Old Towne Strings on the northside of La Crosse.
Musicians of all ages and experience levels meet every Saturday and play all types of music.
People attending can bring their own instrument, borrow one from the store, or just come enjoy the music.
Ty Striebel, owner of Old Town Strings said it is a great way for musicians to meet.
“This is a great way for people who have never met each other but have heard of each other as far as being a musician. They get together and they can coordinate their own events."
- Gander Outdoors opens in Onalaska
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Milwaukee to bid for 2020 Democratic National Convention
- Preferred route picked for Wisconsin, Iowa transmission line
- Rent-to-Own bill passes Wis. Assembly
- Wis. bill would put millions toward millennial ad campaign
- Federal tuition tax deduction back on the books
- Students learn robotics, design during first-hand lesson on engineering at Trane
- First public meeting held on Trane All-Abilities Park funding campaign
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station