HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - A School District of Holmen senior was awarded a $10,000 Herb Kohl Educational Foundation 2019 Initiative Scholarship recently.
Delilah Xiong was awarded the scholarship at a recognition luncheon hosted by Herb Kohl.
The Herb Kohl Initiative Scholarship recognizes students who have demonstrated a high level of motivation, shown strong promise for achieving success in college and beyond, and overcome significant personal obstacles or adversity.
Since the foundation was established in 1990, it has awarded $17.8 million to Wisconsin students, teachers, principals, and schools.
Xiong's plans after high school are to become a digital artist and draw picture books for children. She plans on attending Greenville Technical College in South Carolina followed by Lander University, known for their art program. Xiong will be the first generation in her family to graduate from college.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Winona woman taken to hospital after being struck by train
- Pier 1 to close up to 45 stores
- Man injured after ATV rolls, lands on him in Vernon County
- Pilot loses control of plane, crashes nose down at Reedsburg Airport, police say
- Burn ban goes into effect because of high risk for wildfires
- Authorities investigating cause of barn fire near Sparta
- Failed breaker in Genoa causes power outages in area
- Judge delays hearing for couple suspected in baby's death
- Madison police seek to limit number of late-night bars
- Wisconsin student musicians prepare for Solo Ensemble Festival