HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - The summer-like temperatures are here, which means potentially dangerous heat for some of our four-legged friends.
A dog outside in this warmer weather for extended periods will obviously need shade and water, and the dangers only get worse if a dog is left inside a vehicle with temperatures easily reaching more than 100 degrees within minutes.
To help prevent those dangerous situations, Festival Foods is opening Pup Spots at some locations.
"This hot, humid weather coming this weekend, and really all summer long in the state of Wisconsin, you know how it gets, it's steamy, it's hot, and hopefully getting those dogs out of the cars and into the shade will be a nice option for our guests that shop with us,” said Holmen Festival Foods Store Director Mark Przywojski.
Festival Foods has opened Pup Spots at Holmen, Green Bay, and Madison locations.
- Grand Opening of West Salem Middle School
- Fire Prevention Week Open House offers a closer look at firefighting
- Dance Marathon helps local children with health problems
- Winona Water Day provides environmental education
- Juneteenth Citywide Celebration continues into September during second phase
- Shut Down Third Street block party celebrates Winona
- News 8 Highlight Zone - September 21, 2018
- Local group meets with FEMA about flood recovery
- Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- Warming Center looking for additional volunteers