LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - For the 23rd year, downtown La Crosse is hosted Historic Downtown Day on Saturday.
Throughout the downtown area people were able to enjoy live music and dance, food, art galleries and fun games for kids.
People could learn downtown La Crosse's history from walking tours, tours of historic buildings, and from reenactors.
Robin Moses, the executive director of Downtown Mainstreet Inc., said La Crosse residents are lucky to have access to one of the largest historic commercial districts in Wisconsin.
"We do have an incredible amount of historic building stock, and we're very proud of that. And this is one of those events that celebrates that rich history of our community," said Moses.
Find more information on events like this by going to www.lacrossedowntown.com and clicking on "downtown events".
- Flood victims need help before winter
- Police find 2 dead adults, look for missing 13-year-old
- 2 killed in car that collided with Bethel team bus
- Minnesota man charged with rape of 12-year-old girl
- Security breach at Wisconsin National Guard unit; 3 arrested
- Winter Farmers Markets to be held at Myrick Park Center
- Body of missing toddler found in Waupaca County river
- Pet adoption event takes place at Petco
- Area girls scouts will see new STEM programs
- Tour of Upper Living showcases downtown La Crosse