CASHTON, Wis. (WKBT) - One person is dead and three others seriously injured in a crash between a pick-up truck and a commercial truck.
It happened around 7:20 a.m. Monday on Highway 33 between Highway 27 and County Highway PC, west of Cashton.
According to deputies on scene, the driver of a 2006 GMC Sierra failed to yield from a stop sign at Highway 33 and County Highway PC, and struck a commercial truck traveling east on Highway 33.
The driver of the GMC was ejected from the vehicle. The driver and two passengers sustained life-threatening injuries and a 4th passenger died at the scene.
The two people in the commercial truck were not injured.
The incident remains under investigation by the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, Wisconsin State Patrol Technical Reconstruction Unit and the Monroe County Medical Examiner.
Monroe County Communications Center, Cashton Fire Department, Tri-State Ambulance Service, and the Monroe County Highway Department assisted the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.
Highway 33 was reopened Monday afternoon after crews cleared the scene.
The names of people involved are being withheld pending notification of their families.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Trial begins with jury selection in Erik Sackett homicide case
- UPDATE: Both I-90 eastbound lanes now open following morning crash
- Fastest to 350 touchdowns: Rodgers sets NFL record
- Sparta man arrested for allegedly assaulting teens at Boys & Girls Club haunted house
- Tannerite explosion reported in Richland County
- Wisconsin governor calls special session on gun control
- Eau Claire Police investigating home fire, intruder death
- Poll: Most believe justices motivated by law, not politics
- Mayor invites President Trump to host the G7 summit in Milwaukee
- Today: Lame-Duck challenge in Wis. state Supreme Court