LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A temporary lane closure may cause traffic backups during peak drive times this week in La Crosse.
The City Engineer, Matthew Gallager, announced the temporary lane closure of State Highway 16, north of La Crosse Street (northbound only) beginning Tuesday, January 16.
Beginning at 8 a.m. Tuesday, traffic will be reduced to one lane and the sidewalk/bike path along the east side will also be closed.
The closure is due to emergency storm sewer repairs, Gallager said.
The city anticipates the project will be completed by Friday, January 19 at 7 p.m.
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- Wisconsin sees increase in respiratory illnesses
- Winona Health hosts Way to Wellness Expo