LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Students from more than fifty area high schools are preparing to go head-to-head during a three day- robotics competition.
Teams have just six weeks to design and build their own robot. On Thursday, the students were able to test out their final product before the first qualifying matches.
The robots will need to move cubes and climb over objects around the arena to win points.
An opening ceremony for the FIRST Robotics competition will take place Friday 8:30 AM at the La Crosse Center. The competition is free and open to the public.
The full schedule is as follows:
Friday, April 6
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Opening ceremonies
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Qualifying matches
12:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. Qualifying Matches
5:15 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. Qualifying Matches
Saturday, April 7
8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. Opening ceremonies
8:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Qualifying matches
12:15 p.m. Playoff Alliance Selection
1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p. m. Playoff Matches
4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony
More information can be found here.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Racing season begins at the La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Western Technical College holds commencement ceremony for graduates