DE SOTO, Wis. (WKBT) - One person is dead and another is injured after a head-on crash Saturday morning.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office reports that at around 8 a.m. a car traveling northbound on highway 35 in De Soto swerved into the southbound lane and crashed head-on with an oncoming vehicle.
The southbound driver spun out of control and became submerged in a pond, where the driver and two dogs were then able to escape with minor injuries.
The driver of the other car, identified as 50 year old Donald Freese, was pronounced dead on scene.
The accident is still under investigation by the Vernon County Sheriffs Department.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse