ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The homes of some veterans in the La Crosse area are getting facelifts thanks to a new partnership.
Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area is teaming up with Wells Fargo to make it happen.
A grant from the Wells Fargo Housing Foundation is helping up to 100 veterans across the country make needed home repairs. Veterans who apply and are accepted can receive up to $2,500 worth of materials for exterior repairs.
Habitat officials say while the amount may not seem like much, it can help address small problems.
"So you've got a leak in your roof, we might not need to repair and replace the whole roof, but we can take care of that so that we're not having any continued damage to the house. We can also take care of some other small exterior repairs,” said Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area Executive Director Kahya Fox.
Interested veterans can find out how to apply by contacting Habitat for Humanity at (608) 785-2373. Veterans from La Crosse, Vernon, Trempealeau and Houston counties can apply for the assistance.
- January 22: Weather related Closings & Delays
- Study finds women now outnumber men in the medical field
- New Shingles vaccine is proving to be more effective
- Girl Scouts prepare for cookie season
- National Alliance on Mental Illness will hold sessions to educate public on mental illness
- Company says safety shield fatally injured worker
- Dallet releases digital ad featuring dad of drug victim
- Woman dies in skiing accident in Wabasha
- Iowa lawmaker takes responsibility for driving drunk
- Sioux Falls police take jab at Minnesota Vikings on Twitter