LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Local businesses may be seen supporting the same cause in the coming months. Habitat for Humanity is looking for 100 businesses to display their House of Hope boards.
Each board features a collection box, signage, and instructions. The goal is to raise funds and awareness for local families in need and move them to safe and affordable housing. Boards will be at businesses from now until the end of April.
Organizers at Habitat for Humanity say the boards will serve a special second purpose after the campaign is done.
"We're going to collect those boards back. We're going to work with some youth organizations and we're actually going to build them into dog homes. So we're launching the second stage of our House of Hope boards in May," said Habitat for Humanity Executive Director Kahya Fox.
Habitat for Humanity is still looking for nearly 50 businesses to host a board. For more information on hosting a board, call (608) 785-2373.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse