- Combine 2 cups of masa harina (corn flour) with 1 ½ cups of water.
- Mix until a soft dough is formed. Dough should be moist.
- Divide dough into 10-12 equally sized balls (slightly larger than a golf ball). Cover with a damp cloth so they stay moist.
Take a gallon size zip lock bag, cut open side seams and remove one end so plastic opens into a rectangle sheet. Lay plastic wrap flat. Place a dough ball in the middle of one half of the plastic sheet and cover with the other half of plastic. You will press the dough ball into a 6 inch tortilla using the flat bottom of a soup bowl or pressing with the palm of your hand.
Heat a skillet on medium heat. Carefully remove tortilla from plastic. Cook tortilla for 30 seconds on both sides or longer if you desire tortilla to be browned. Cover tortillas to keep warm.
Tortilla Stack Taco
- 8 corn tortilla
- 1 (15 oz.) can of pinto beans
- 2 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- Place corn tortilla on plate, layer tortilla with 1/3 cup pinto beans, ¼ cup salsa verde, ¼ cup shredded cheese and ½ cup shredded chicken.
- Cover with a corn tortilla.
- Microwave for 60 seconds on medium heat or until cheese starts to melt and ingredients are warm.
- Local dads hope to end stigma surrounding drug addiction
- Gov. Walker tours Northern Hills Elementary School to discuss school safety
- Bangor is a village of champions
- Arcadia School District voters deciding on $16 million project
- Rep. Lee Nerison announces retirement, not seeking re-election
- La Crosse alternate side parking citations up for 2017-2018
- Sparta boy injured in accidental shooting
- One dead in Buffalo County weekend rollover
- Rep. Kind fights for veterans safety and assistance programs
- Assembly committee to hold hearing on school safety bills