WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - An all-inclusive park in Winona is celebrating the park's groundbreaking.
The project will convert the Lake Winona Playground into an all inclusive playground for children of all physical or developmental abilities.
Nearly $700,000 has been raised for the park so far.
Project leaders say they had to be creative to help make the project a reality.
"We've got contributions from banks, from local residents, lots and lots and lots of hundred dollar donations, and it all adds ups," said Every Child’s Dream project chair Jack Krage.
More information about the park is available on the park's website, everychildsdreamwinona.org.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Local children with special needs get priceless gift from Santa
- Evers' statewide budget tour starts Tuesday
- La Crosse Police look for suspect in alleged sexual assault on UWL campus
- First Native American woman in Congress has local ties
- One of La Crosse's oldest homes welcomes guests for the holidays
- Local firefighters give the gift of fire safety this holiday season.
- Local businesses highlight artists during holiday season
- Local psychologists concerned about substance abuse in parents and affect on area kids
- Holiday Train makes annual stop in La Crosse
- Military families celebrate early Christmas