Clay Matthews, a linebacker with the Green Bay Packers, appeared on My Houzz, an online home remodeling show, to renovate his brother's home.
Matthews teamed up with Hurst Design-Build Remodeling to work on the remodel.
According to a release, Matthews surprised his brother and sister-in-law with a renovation of the kitchen, dining area and family room. His brother and sister-in-law have newborn twin boys, so the redesign was to make the area more family friendly.
Builder Pat Hurst of Houzz and Bridget DiFillipo of Hurst Design-Build Remodeling helped with the space.
The project took six weeks to complete and started two days after the family returned from the hospital with their sons. According to a release, the couple didn't see the results until the project was finished. They had access to the living room.
Matthews said he is happy he could help out his brother and sister-in-law, who have wanted to have kids for several years.
"Here we are a few years later, and he's got two healthy twin babies and a beautiful renovation," Matthews said. "Everything comes full circle. I'm super happy for him."
- Survey shows Wisconsin employment expected to rise above national average
- La Crosse celebrates St. Patrick's Day
- Colon cancer steadily decreasing, according to new reports
- 44th annual custom auto show visits the La Crosse Center
- Bangor boys basketball wins Division 5 state championship
- District hosts operating referendum informational meeting
- Kaul rips Schimel on wells, opioids, arming teachers
- Personality conflict puts Walker priorities in peril
- Company that built Florida pedestrian bridge also designed I-90 Dresbach, Winona bridges
- FBI asking for leads in fatal apartment explosion