LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area women are learning how to cook healthy while also raising awareness for women's heart health.
Gerhard's Kitchen Supply hosted a Go Red for Women event at their La Crosse store Thursday night.
Along with a heart-healthy cooking demonstration , the dozens of women at the event got to share their experiences with fighting heart disease.
"I think it's really important, because I've just heard being here tonight, there's maybe 50, 60 women here and I've heard a lot of stories of people sharing about their heart stories, them just sharing it with each other and taking it home and passing it on, I think it's really important," said Go Red for Women director Renee Davis.
Friday is national Go Red for Women Day, with people being encouraged to wear red to raise awareness for women's heart health.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill