SILVER BAY, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a 14-year-old girl who died after falling from a cliff on the North Shore of Lake Superior was a freshman at Somerset High School in Wisconsin.
Lake County sheriff's officials in Minnesota say Bailey Belisle was visiting Palisade Head near Silver Bay with friends on Sunday when she fell from the top of the cliff. The high point is more than 300 feet above lake level.
The Star Tribune says extra counselors are at the high school to meet with students and staff. Principal Shannon Donnelly says Belisle's death is hitting the students and teachers very hard.
Belisle was a volleyball player. The volleyball game on Tuesday has been rescheduled.
Information from: Star Tribune, http://www.startribune.com
- Kennel sponsorship program provides for furry friends
- Holmen High students raise money for classmate's dad
- Viterbo University hosts annual Nutcracker performance
- Onalaska American Legion hosts Holiday Art Show
- Toys For Tots pickup distributed to community
- Crime lab expert's testimony runs contrary to Kendhammer's explanation of alleged crash
- Historic Hiawatha statue causes controversy
- Partisan divide deepens over Walker investigation
- 50 La Crosse jobs impacted by change at CenturyLink
- Proposed La Crosse Center renovations would bring in visitors, millions in revenue