ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Free dental help is making people smile in Onalaska.
Valley Dental hosted their 6th annual Day of Free Dentistry.
Patients could get extractions, fillings or cleanings free of charge.
"There's a tremendous need. Access to care is a big issue in dentistry and there are a lot of dental problems. The pain, the infection, I don't know how they can tolerate it. It's tough to manage with your day to day activities in that type of condition. So at least we're doing a little bit helping out what we can," said Dr. Mike Gavin, owner of Valley Dental.
People started lining up outside of Valley Dental by three o'clock Friday morning.
Each year they end up serving between 75 and 125 patients free of charge.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Attack on Saudi Arabian oil facility could increase U.S. gas prices
- UPDATE: One dead, three with life-threatening injuries in crash near Cashton
- Onalaska man wins big in the Wisconsin Lottery
- Police identify Onalaska man killed in stabbing near Milwaukee
- Proposed La Crosse capital improvement budget includes $28.5 million in new borrowing
- La Crosse PD K9 to retire early
- Lawyer: Ex-Wisconsin nurse to plead guilty to hurting babies
- Police: Victim of fatal stabbing near Milwaukee from Onalaska
- Allergy Associates of La Crosse releases peanut allergy treatment research
- Garden education lessons help future educators in La Crosse