ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The City of Onalaska is advising property owners of a fraudulent letter, utilizing City letterhead, that was mailed to residents over the weekend.
In a statement from Jarrod Holter, City of Onalaska Engineering/Public Works Department, the fraudulent letter discusses the need for blue recycling containers to be painted green. "This letter is entirely false and appears to have been sent as an "April Fools" joke."
This letter was not mailed by the City of Onalaska and they apologize for any inconvenience the letter may have caused, Holter said.
Any questions can be directed to Jarrol Holter at 908-781-9537.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse