MILWAUKEE (AP) - Foxconn Technology Group has selected some key companies to begin building its massive flat screen manufacturing complex in Racine County.
The Taiwanese electronics company said Tuesday it has selected general contractor and engineering consultants with strong ties to Wisconsin to begin construction of the $10 billion manufacturing center that could eventually employ as many as 13,000 people.
M+W Gilbane will serve as the construction manager and will oversee the budget and bid development. It's expected to begin issuing bid requests in the next several weeks.
CH2M Companies will provide engineering and architecture services, including planning and environmental permitting. The Sigma Group will provide environmental consulting and engineering services as they relate to permitting, planning and site design.
Work on hiring construction workers for phase one is expected to begin within 60 days.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Western Technical College holds commencement ceremony for graduates
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer