VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - A two-car collision Saturday afternoon in Vernon County injured four people.
Vernon County Sheriff john Spears said the accident happened at approximately 1:15 p.m. in the town of Franklin on Saturday, April 21.
James H. Close, 60, of La Crosse and his passenger, Jerry R. Close, 66, of Mindoro were attempting a left turn onto County Road T from US Highway 14 when their car was hit by an oncoming vehicle, according to authorities.
Close said he did not see the oncoming car driven by John C. Burton, 65 of Lancaster. Burton was taken to Vernon Memorial Healthcare and later released. His passenger, Marcia M. Burton, 63, of Lancaster was flown to Gundersen Health System and is listed in stable condition, the release said.
The Close's were both taken to Vernon Memorial Healthcare where Jerry Close was released and James Close was transferred to Gundersen Health System.
Assisting the Sheriff's Office at the scene were the Viroqua Fire Department, Viroqua Police Department, Tri-State Ambulance, Readstown EMS, and the Kickapoo Rescue Squad.
Authorities said seatbelts were in use and air bags deployed in both vehicles.
The crash remains under investigation by the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
- Sparta High School graduation postponed due to direct threat
- Fastenal expansion bringing hundreds of jobs to Winona
- La Crosse Central High School holds annual Memorial Day observance
- Man rescued from Hi-Crush retention pond issues statement
- Local organizations, school districts continue providing meals during summer
- Free loaner life jackets available for area boaters
- Governor Walker announces $76 Million for local bridge projects
- Grilling season brings increased fire risks
- Wisconsin woman charged with swindling Minnesota relative
- Brookwood High School raises funds for K-9 Unit