LA CROSSE, Wis. (WBKT) - Ahead of upcoming Oktoberfest festivities, Miss La Crosse Oktoberfest 2019 has been crowned. Jordenne Butler is the winner of the title this year.
Jordenne Butler is an Onalaska native and current Viterbo University student who is majoring in marketing.
She previously won the Miss Wisconsin Outstanding Teen title in 2015 and will compete in the Miss Wisconsin scholarship program in June.
Her pageant platform is "A Healthy Mind in a Healthy Body".
As Miss La Crosse Oktoberfest, she will serve as a member of the Oktoberfest USA family in addition to being a goodwill ambassador for the Children's Miracle Network.
Butler appreciates the history and responsibility that comes with the position.
"Miss La Crosse Oktoberfest is such a unique title where not only do I have the opportunity to represent the La Crosse area but also Oktoberfest. It's such a historic tradition in our area that we are so blessed to host every year," said Butler.
Butler said she has looked up to past Miss Oktoberfest winners ever since she was "a little girl".
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse allows homeowners to pump water into streets amid November flooding concerns
- La Crosse priest charged with sexual assault headed to trial
- La Crosse County 2020 budget saving taxpayer dollars, improving 911 communications
- Acts of Kindness Week celebrated in La Crescent
- Sparta Police Department chief putting down the badge
- One student injured in school bus crash near Arcadia
- Onalaska Community Thanksgiving Day Dinner adds additional host
- Girlfriend charged in death of Necedah man
- Wisconsin's 9-day gun deer season to begin Saturday
- DNR: Deer hunting license sales on par with 2018