OCALA, Fla. - A Holmen woman and her young toddler were found killed in Florida on Saturday.
The shooter, Kevin Benjamin Olesen Farias, died in the hospital as a result of his self-inflicted injuries, according to the Marion County (Florida) Sheriff's Facebook Page.
At around 11 a.m. , Marion County Sheriff's Department responded to a report of multiple people with gunshot wounds in Ocala National Forest.
When deputies arrived, they found a woman, identified as Jessica Johnson of Holmen and her child, both killed, as well as another man with a self-inflicted gunshot wound but still alive.
The man was taken to the hospital but later died from his injuries.
It appears the shooter and victim did know each other, but it is unclear what relationship they had.
The incident remains under investigation.
- La Crosse Valley View Mall confirms Herberger's liquidation
- Local event aims to support veteran families
- Weather related cancellations for April 18
- Wisconsin Elections Commission to use federal grant money for fall elections
- Assignment: Education - Spartan SOUP
- Backpage seized by federal government
- Crypto outbreak spreads from La Crosse across Wisconsin
- Salvation Army releases annual report
- La Crosse elementary school joins prestigious global program
- Two arrested in Trempealeau Co. drug bust