MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker has ordered that flags at state buildings be flown at half-staff to honor a fallen Wisconsin Marine who was killed at his base in California earlier this month.
The order Monday honors Ethan Barclay-Weberpal who was killed Jan. 16 at Camp Pendleton. Officials say another Marine was taken into custody but haven't provided many details on the investigation.
Barclay-Weberpal is from Janesville and attended Parker High School before transferring to an out-of-state school in November 2015.
- Survey shows Wisconsin employment expected to rise above national average
- La Crosse celebrates St. Patrick's Day
- Colon cancer steadily decreasing, according to new reports
- 44th annual custom auto show visits the La Crosse Center
- Bangor boys basketball wins Division 5 state championship
- District hosts operating referendum informational meeting
- Kaul rips Schimel on wells, opioids, arming teachers
- Personality conflict puts Walker priorities in peril
- Company that built Florida pedestrian bridge also designed I-90 Dresbach, Winona bridges
- FBI asking for leads in fatal apartment explosion