LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The weather Saturday morning made for a great day for a run.
The third annual Firecracker 4-mile/walk run was held at Riverside Park Saturday morning.
The race, formerly the Chileda Classic, took runners through a 4-mile or 1-mile long course which showcased La Crosse's natural beauty.
The race benefits the Children's Museum of La Crosse and the La Crosse Area Autism Foundation.
Deb Snow, an event organizer, said the run is a fun family event.
"We really wanted to kind of please everybody and offer the whole family something to do. If mom and dad want to bring the kids or if grandma and grandpa are along or aunts and uncles there's something for everyone. There's running, there's walking there's a real challenge and of course the youth races," Snow said.
About 700 people participated in the event this year
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- New vaccine protects adults against Hepatitis B
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- ‘Suits for Success' event collecting new, gently used professional clothing for job seekers
- Gov. Walker to consider "Right to Try" bill
- Taking Flight in Prairie du Chien
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'straw' gun purchases bill
- Mayo to partner with Boys and Girls Club for Big Blue Dragon Boat Festival
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 22, 2018