WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Winona firefighters were called to a fire at an apartment near the 300 block on Johnson street. Firefighters received the call around 4:15 p.m. Saturday. All residents of the building made it out safely.
The fire was confined to the rear of the building and resulted in smoke and heat damage. The cause of the fire is unknown and the incident is under investigation.
All 5 residents were displaced and are being sheltered for the night by the local Red Cross.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse