LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local food pantry is hoping you are in the giving spirit.
La Crosse's Hunger Task Force is a part of this year's 'Fill the Boot' campaign. The event is a part of this year's annual Christmas giving campaign hosted by the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration and the La Crosse Tribune.
The Hunger Task Force is the third nonprofit where the boot has been stationed for a week.
The organization created a wish list of its most needed items, hoping donors will "fill the boot" during its stay.
"This big, red boot right out here in the middle of the snow is a good reminder to all of us that people are hungry, and they're in need of food. When we get into the holiday season, this is when we need to think about it, so hopefully all the cars driving by are going to see the boot and remember others this Christmas,” said Hunger Task Force Executive Director Shelly Fortner.
Riverfront Incorporated and the YMCA have also benefited from the 'Fill the Boot' campaign.
- Schools & Weather related cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 20
- Wis. Supreme Court primary today
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- New US Senate budget agreement to provide relief to dairy farmers
- Holmen sends big number to state wrestling
- Wisconsin tweaks dairy insurance program
- Wisconsin republican lawmaker proposes guns in private schools
- Wisconsin elections officials plan for bad weather