ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Demolition of the Fauver Hill building in Onalaska took place along Highway 16 Friday.
The Fauver Hill building began as a school in the late 1800s.
The school operated as part of the Onalaska School district until 1999, when it was closed.
The building location will be green space, though the site's current owner Gundersen Health System may use the space for future development.
Gundersen Health System is working with several partners to save.parts of the historic parts of the building, including the cornerstone, signage and bricks.
For those looking to keep a piece of history, bricks are available for purchase from the Onalaska Education Foundation.
- Flood victims need help before winter
- Police find 2 dead adults, look for missing 13-year-old
- 2 killed in car that collided with Bethel team bus
- Minnesota man charged with rape of 12-year-old girl
- Security breach at Wisconsin National Guard unit; 3 arrested
- Body of missing toddler found in Waupaca County river
- Pet adoption event takes place at Petco
- Area girls scouts will see new STEM programs
- Tour of Upper Living showcases downtown La Crosse
- WAFER hosts open house to thank donors