ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Demolition of the Fauver Hill building in Onalaska took place along Highway 16 Friday.
The Fauver Hill building began as a school in the late 1800s.
The school operated as part of the Onalaska School district until 1999, when it was closed.
The building location will be green space, though the site's current owner Gundersen Health System may use the space for future development.
Gundersen Health System is working with several partners to save.parts of the historic parts of the building, including the cornerstone, signage and bricks.
For those looking to keep a piece of history, bricks are available for purchase from the Onalaska Education Foundation.
- UPDATE: One dead, three with life-threatening injuries in crash near Cashton
- Police identify Onalaska man killed in stabbing near Milwaukee
- Proposed La Crosse capital improvement budget includes $28.5 million in new borrowing
- Attack on Saudi Arabian oil facility could increase U.S. gas prices
- La Crosse PD K9 to retire early
- Lawyer: Ex-Wisconsin nurse to plead guilty to hurting babies
- Onalaska man wins big in the Wisconsin Lottery
- Police: Victim of fatal stabbing near Milwaukee from Onalaska
- Healthcare Careers Open House offers look at Gundersen job openings
- Baldwin: Go Pack Go Act could help Wisconsinites watch Packers games, and more