ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - If you're looking to expand on your favorite outdoor activity, or to find a completely new one, this weekend could help.
Explore La Crosse is hosting the county's inaugural Driftless Sports Convergence this Saturday. The public is invited to the free event, along with writers, bloggers, and social influencers, to experience many of the outdoor activities available in La Crosse County.
Organizers say there should be an event for everyone, from classes and demonstrations to dozens of vendors.
"You can learn how to cast, we're going to have fly tying classrooms we've got going on just in the classrooms and outdoors. If you're interested in disc golf and you think it would be fun to try, disc golf club is going to be here and teaching you how to putt. There's a lot going to be going on,” said Explore La Crosse Director of Membership and Grants Amy Gabay.
The Driftless Sports Convergence starts this Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m. and runs through 6:00 p.m. You can find the free event at the Onalaska Omni Center.
- The Latest: Foxconn stands by $10 billion Wisconsin project
- More Wisconsin communities turning to wheel taxes
- Walker appoints new corrections secretary
- UWL sprinter ready for last championship meet
- Frac sand facility incident leads to environmental investigation
- Community rallies to get Onalaska boy new bike after his was stolen
- Assignment: Education - Adopt-a-School
- Onalaska students honored for French language skills
- Former La Crescent American Legion demolished
- Extra funding nearing for UW-La Crosse's Wittich Hall