LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new event is hoping to bring all of La Crosse's neighborhoods closer together.
The La Crosse Neighborhood Associations are hosting a family social this weekend at Copeland Park called "Fall in Love With Your Neighborhood."
Organizers say the city's individual neighborhood organizations have been driving forces in getting things done and they wanted to put together an event to bring people from different parts of the city together under one roof while providing plenty of family fun.
"It's about the future of these neighborhoods, and getting families together is a great way to introduce those members of our community to those neighborhood associations," said La Crosse Neighborhoods, Inc. president Jacob Sciammas.
The event has the support of city officials, too.
"I think if everybody gets together and joins hands, as getting to know the neighbors, and getting to meet other people and what their issues are in their neighborhoods, they can improve by what we're doing or vice versa," said La Crosse City Council member Andrea Richmond. "I think sharing ideas is great."
The "Fall in Love with Your Neighborhood" event will be held between 2 and 4 in the afternoon on Saturday, rain or shine at the Copeland Park shelter.
There will be plenty of carnival games and food as well as other family activities. It's free and anyone is welcome.
- Registered Sex Offender wanted by police
- Walker unveils $20M technology job training initiative
- Wisconsin budget forecast improves by $138 million
- Bethany Lutheran Homes continues partnership with Inclusa
- Wisconsin education plan wins approval over objections
- MNsure boasts 116K signups in record year
- Embrace the Bold North in Minneapolis for Super Bowl
- Dog survives 5 nights in bitter cold huddled in window well
- Wasting disease discovered in Milwaukee County
- Hundreds of animals seized from eastern Iowa home