WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse County Sheriff's Office closed Lake Neshonic to all boat traffic, effective immediately.
Those who live on the lake of who have boats docked on the lake can remove them, but boat landings will be closed and no traffic is allowed until further notice.
The Neshonoc Dam is experiencing difficulties with water i the pump house causing further issues with the high water. Currently, the integrity of the Dam is not in danger. County officials are monitoring the situation. Residents in areas below the Dam are to use caution and evaluate whether to relocate until the lake returns to normal conditions.
Veterans Memorial Campground is closed immediately until further notice as well.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Western Technical College holds commencement ceremony for graduates
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer