LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Viterbo's Platinum Edition Show Choir hosted the 15th annual 101 Show Choir competition Saturday
Seven middle school choirs and nine high school choirs came to the event from all over the Wisconsin, and some came from Iowa.
Middle schools competed in the morning.
High schools started in the afternoon, with judges decided the finalists at around 5:00 p.m.
7 judges provided video and aural critiques of the choirs.
"It's the first competition of the season, so it's a chance for all the high schools and middle schools that are participating today to get their show up on its feet for the first time and perform for the first time and get some really good feedback," said Jen Roberdeau, the director of audience services for the Viterbo Fine Arts Center.
The finalists started performing at 6:15 p.m. Saturday. Winners were decided around 9:30 p.m.
The results are as follows:
5th runner up: Indianola Side One
4th runner up: St. Francis Bridge Street Singers
3rd runner up: Cedar Rapids Washington Celebration
2nd runner up: Monona Grove Silver Connection
1st runner up: Cedar Rapids Washington Momentum
Grand Champion: La Crosse Central Grand Central Station
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- River Valley VA Clinic relocating to Valley View Mall
- Police: Arcadia business evacuated due to chemical spill
- Witnesses called in homicide trial of Erik Sackett
- City of La Crosse releases proposed 2020 Operating Budget
- Shady Kate's and Kate's Pizza Amore restaurants close
- Mayo Clinic Health System dedicates cancer center
- Salvation Army's Angel Giving Tree, Christmas food baskets open for registration
- U.S. Census Bureau needs takers for adequate counting
- Rose Street close north of Monitor Street in La Crosse for sewer repair
- $250,000 upgrades to dental spaces for Western Technical College