LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The start of the new school year may be a couple of months away, but the local Salvation Army's Back to School program is open for registrations.
The program, put on by both the Salvation Army and Catholic Charities, provides school supplies for low income families in our area. It provides up to 500 families with school essentials like backpacks, clothes, and school supplies.
"Sometimes school supplies can be very expensive, especially when you look at the long list of things that kids need nowadays, so for us to be able to help provide that, it's honestly priceless,” said Salvation Army of La Crosse Public Relations Coordinator Nick Ragner.
The deadline to apply is August 3, and supplies will be handed out on August 16.
You register for the Back to School program at the Salvation Army’s website.
- Death Cafe hopes to normalize conversations surrounding death
- La Crosse health officials point to vaccinations amid local measles threat
- La Crosse water voted best-tasting in Wisconsin
- Westby native competes on ‘The Price is Right'
- Future of La Crosse's senior centers discussed at Board of Public Works
- Small bookstores in La Crosse feeling nationwide boom
- Construction along Losey Boulevard in La Crosse
- Holmen student awarded first place in statewide competition
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- La Crosse's Jackson Plaza reaches capacity as local business joins shopping center