LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It's about that time for kids to collect all their back to school needs, and on Thursday at the Mathy Boys and Girls Club in La Crosse students were doing more than just that.
A one-stop-shop was set up for all the necessities students might need for the school year.
Haircuts, school supplies, dental sealants, immunizations, and vision checks were preparing kids for a healthy and successful year of education.
According to the Director of the South Side Boys & Girls Club in La Crosse, Andy Kiel, it's all a community effort.
"Anything and everything that we can do to help the youth in this community to really be provided with their needs. To be successful in school, is what not only our organization at the Boys and Girls Club want, but all of our community partners for this event, it's their number one goal," said Kiel.
Along with the necessities, there were nearly 20 community booths, helping to connect local kids and families with resources for the upcoming school year.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse County buildings, properties to go smoke-free starting this weekend
- Cher offers to pay for expenses for anyone who sues MMSD over recent employee firing
- VIDEO: La Crosse Center holds Public Input Session, video walk through
- Wisconsin students walk out to protest racial slur firing
- Pearl Street Brewery hosts retirement party for Brewmaster Randy Hughes
- University of Wisconsin sees decrease in enrollment
- Best selling author introduces La Crosse to 'cloud spotting'
- Safety reminders ahead of Halloween
- Four new Eagle Scouts honored at ceremony in Onalaska
- Study finds dog owners healthier than others