LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Energy groups teamed up to give La Crosse an electric vehicle workshop and test drive.
Slipstream, Wisconsin Clean Cities, and Xcel were presenting the latest trends on electric vehicles at the Radisson Hotel on Wednesday.
Corporate sustainability managers and business owners were educating the public on best practices for charging electric cars, as well as legislative policies for the state of Wisconsin.
Organizers say the educational event helps those interested in alternative transportation understand the advantages and disadvantages of using electric cars.
Community Services Manager with Xcel Energy, Mike Herro said, "This whole industry's going to take off in the near future. There's new cars coming on line all the time, you know, new offerings from the car companies. So, this is to start talking about some of the issues, because there are many issues, and many hurdles to overcome to really make this mainstream but this is a good start."
There were eight different electric cars people could test drive, including a variety of Tesla models.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- La Crosse County to get two new full-time prosecutors
- La Crosse Bandshell paver donation deadline set
- Funds needed following K9 Zaback's surgery
- First peanut allergy drug close to FDA approval
- Widows ask lawmakers to OK police insurance bill
- Eleva family creates corn maze honoring Wounded Warrior Project
- New peanut allergy treatment research has local origins
- 11 Minnesota State Fair visitors sickened by E. coli
- Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders to hold town hall in Decorah
- Lawyer: Man charged with corn rake killing irate over affair