EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - Eau Claire Police are asking for your help to locate a missing man from a group home.
Police responded to a group home in the area of Redwood Dr. and Hwy. 93 in the Township of Pleasant Valley around 5:50 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a missing person.
They learned 22-year-old Alex Twait had walked away from the group home through an unlocked gate in the fenced-in back yard.
Alex is autistic and completely non-verbal.
He is described as 5'6", 126 lbs., brown hair, brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue t-shirt and gray shorts. He was not wearing any shoes. He was carrying an iPod with him that does not have any cellular service activated.
Deputies and K9's are actively in the area searching at this time. If anyone sees Alex they are asked to call the Eau Claire Communications Center at 714-839-4972. Alex is easily overwhelmed by people and activity so please call and do not approach him unless asked to do so. Law Enforcement and group home staff will respond.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Two motorcyclists, dog injured in Vernon County crash
- Abraham will not seek police chief position, says other internal candidates will
- Home builders invite community to see latest creations during Parade of Homes
- Celebrate Family Fun Fair lets kids get in some fun before school year begins
- Coulee Con brings gamers to La Crosse and brings gamers together
- Vikings top Seahawks 25-19 behind crisp preseason passing
- Nationals match team HR record with 8, rout Brewers 16-8
- Whitehall Football plans to tackle 2019 with new playbook
- Day at the Lake gives first responders chance to bond with youth and each other
- Even as some cringe, Rep. Steve King's support may endure