VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - Police are investigating a single vehicle accident early Friday morning in the Town of Genoa, authorities said.
Two men were in the car just after 4 a.m. August 18 on Curti Road near State Highway 56, when they crashed into a large shed, the release said.
Ivan A. Baer, 33, of Genoa was northbound on Curti Road when his car left the road and struck a utility pole, then went through a fence and drove into a machine shed. The vehicle crashed through the sliding doors and damaged several pieces of machinery, according to the release.
The passenger in the car, Dmitry Baer, 24, of Genoa received minor injuries and was transported to Vernon Memorial Hospital by Tri-State Ambulance.
Seatbelts were not worn by either occupant and the airbags were deployed, according to police.
The crash remains under investigation by the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
- Jury finds Kendhammer guilty of First Degree Intentional Homicide
- La Crosse common council votes to override mayor's veto of parks dept. audit
- #MeToo movement comes to La Crosse with 'Take Back the Night' march
- Community comes together to support family following fire tragedy
- La Crosse committee gets update on South Ave. project
- House Speaker Paul Ryan denies reports he may leave Congress
- Franken confirms handover to Smith in early January
- U of Minnesota moving ahead with nonresident tuition hike
- Jury convicts woman of murder in teen's starvation death
- Gundersen announces plans for new cancer center in Tomah