MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin State Patrol aerial enforcement along US 12 in Sauk County resulted in 27 traffic stops Sunday, including one driver clocked at 108 mph.
Shortly after 12:30 p.m. July 9, an 18-year-old Illinois driver was ticketed after being clocked at 108 mph in the 55 mph speed zone, a release from Wisconsin DOT said. The driver explained he and his passenger were headed back to Chicago due to an unspecified family emergency and that he began to slow down when he realized he was traveling that fast.
The driver received a $515 citation for traveling 53 mph over the posted limit.
- Assignment: Education - School staff shortage
- Screnock, Dallet advance in Wisconsin Supreme Court primary
- Voters in West Salem approve school referendum
- Two advance in Tomah mayoral race
- Voters in Viroqua choose two to move on in mayor's race
- Supreme Court asked to review 'Making a Murderer' confession
- Gander Outdoors to open Wednesday in Onalaska
- Rent-to-Own bill passes Wis. Assembly
- Wis. bill would put millions toward millennial ad campaign
- Breast density notice bill headed to Wis. governor