VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - A Wonewoc man struck a building near Viroqua Wednesday afternoon after he said the brakes failed on the car he was driving.
According to Vernon County Sheriff John Spears, the accident happened around 2:50 p.m. at the intersection of State Highways 82 and 56 east of Viroqua.
Donald R. Sorenson, 65, said his brakes failed as he entered the intersection. His car left the roadway and crashed into Sheldon Auto Wrecking company. Passengers in the vehicle include Beverly Sorenson, 75, Jessica foster, 27, and Gary Nichols, 41 all of Hillsboro.
All occupants sustained minor injuries and were taken to a local hospital.
The accident is under investigation.
- UPDATE: 911 issues in Trempealeau, Jackson counties
- Local schools see increase in dangerous trend
- Health officials warn of possible measles exposure in Winona, Albert Lea
- WIAA southwest football realignment plan passes on a 6-5 vote
- Republican Steil says he raised $250,000 in days
- Village still needs 20 properties for Foxconn plant
- Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom visits local elementary school
- Parents sue over child protection laws in Minn.
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 24, 2018
- La Crosse SOUP donors vote for program to financially benefit those leaving jail